At some point, every student will make a trip to historic Gettysburg. We know that studying this historic event can be tedious so what better option than a school trip to this historic site. The battle of Gettysburg was fought in 1863 in and around the town of Gettysburg. It involved the largest number of casualties of the entire war and is considered the turning point of the war. While out, you will tour the battlefield along with your licensed guide. Then you will see the sites where some of this nation’s most historic events took place and you will learn all about the history of what, whom, where & when it took place. From here we’ll head for the visitor center and museum. Here you will see the film “A New Birth of Freedom” narrated by Morgan Freeman. You will also experience the iconic Gettysburg Cyclorama painting, and In the museum, the past comes to life through artifacts and displays. There will also be some time to shop for some souvenirs and memorabilia.
If time allows there are several other historic sites in the area to visit such as:
- Eisenhower National Historic Site - home and grounds of President Dwight & First Lady Manie Eisenhower
- Gettysburg National Cemetery-Burial Place of the Union dead from the battle and the place where President Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address.
- David Wills House – A National Park Museum and the home where President Lincoln stayed, he finished the Gettysburg Address. These may be added at additional cost.
$72.00 per person based on 45 guests. Incl. tax, driver’s & guide’s gratuity
The above rates are estimated only subject to availability and chance until the time of booking.
The final cost will be based on actual inclusions and exact pick-up and drop off points.
The program can be fully customized to meet your needs and budget.
The final rate is based on actual inclusions.
Please contact A1 Tour’s Tour Manager Josefin Lagnelius for availability, customizations, and exact quote(S) for your group.
About A1’s Guided Tours:
For the most immersive and educational experience, the tour will be a mixture of walking and touring onboard the vehicle. Stops may vary based on traffic and time on the day of touring. The group is encouraged to submit any request for stops no later than 10 days before touring. The final itinerary is at the guide’s discretion. The guide will make all attempts possible to accommodate the requests.
- Private transfer via suitable size motor coach for 11-hour service
- Pick up and drop off at your school or other designated starting/ending point.
- Private step-on or walking guide for 2-hour service.
- Admissions as mentioned
- Driver & guide’s gratuities
- Food & beverages not mentioned.
- Transportation beyond 11-hour service
A1 Tours contact: