A trip to George Washington’s Mount Vernon in the spring through fall offers more than a history lesson. George Washington’s Mount Vernon is a historic landmark and former plantation of the United States’s first president Geoge Washington and his wife Martha. The estate is located in Fairfax County overlooking the beautiful Potomac River. The estate is full of amazing history covered in greenery and flowers making it a stunning destination in the spring and summer months.
During this tour, we will explore the estate along with a private guide to learn the history of the estate
along with the life of George Washington. We may see:
- The Mansion: Here we can see the key to Bastille, family portraits & Washington’s private study (entry to the mansion based on availability)
- The historic area: explores the several outbuildings where enslaved men and women were trained in specific trades.
- The Tombs: George Washington died at Mount Veron in 1799. His wish was to be buried in the estate. A new brick tomb was built after his death and in 1831 his remains were moved into the newer tomb.
- Gardens: the estate has four different gardens. Each garden served its’ own purpose. Today’s visitors can stroll through all of Washington’s four gardens.
- Visitors Center & Museum: – various exhibitions and films to explore. The sites visited at the estate will be based on time and the guide’s discretion.
- Lunch can be purchased on its own in the restaurant or food court pavilion. If time allows the group may also visit Historic Alexandria. This is pending traffic and how long they choose to spend at the actual estate.
Located approx. 20 minutes from George Washington’s Mount Vernon this makes a wonderful as well as educational detour if time allows. The historic district / Old Town is marked by cobblestone streets and stunning townhouses from the 18th- century. The streets are lined with restaurants and smaller boutiques. In Alexandria, we can stroll King Street and check out the amazing architecture, visit the waterfront, and explore more history. This day in Virginia guarantees an amazing fully customized history lesson suitable for students of all ages.
$85.00 per person based on 45 guests incl. tax, driver’s & guide’s gratuity.
The above rates are estimated only subject to availability and change until the time of booking.
The final cost will be based on actual inclusions and exact pick-up and drop-off points.
The program can be fully customized to meet your needs and budget.
The final rate is based on actual inclusions.
Please contact A1 Tour’s Tour Manager Josefin Lagnelius for availability, customizations, and exact quote(S) for your group.
About A1’s Guided Tours:
For the most immersive and educational experience, the tour will be a mixture of walking and touring onboard the vehicle. Stops may vary based on traffic and time on the day of touring. The group is encouraged to submit any request for stops no later than 10 days before touring. The final itinerary is at the guide’s discretion. The guide will make all attempts possible to accommodate the requests.
- Private transfer via suitable size motor coach for 14-hour service
- Pick up and drop off at your school or other designated starting/ending point.
- Private guide for touring and coordination
- Admissions as mentioned.
- Driver & guide’s gratuities
- Food & beverages not mentioned.
- Transportation beyond 14-hour service
A1 Tours contact: